Things to Keep in Your Muay Thai Gym Bag
With that massive gym bag of yours, you have more than enough space to house some helpful items for an enhanced workout experience. Other than the usual suspects of training gear like your gloves, hand wraps and clothes, there are other things worth having in your gym bag that you may not have considered or realise. Not essentials but all good to have. Here’s my list of the top 10 (auxiliary) items to keep in your Muay Thai gym bag:
- ProStak system adds storage capacity for powders, pills, supplements and more
- Includes 22 oz capacity (measurement markings to 16 oz) BlenderBottle, 150 cc jar, 100 cc jar, pill organizer and patented BlenderBall wire whisk
- Interlocking jars can be used with or without the Bottle; expand capacity with additional jars sold separately
- Leak-proof SureSeal flip cap, secure screw-on lid and loop top
- Top rack dishwasher safe, BPA-free, Phthalate-free
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Water is vital for proper functioning of the body. Rather than running off to the water cooler during breaks, having your own water bottle is surely more convenient. But not just any water bottle if you like to fuel up with a protein shake after workout. You need a blender bottle with a twist and lock storage for a scoop of post-workout recovery whey protein powder. 2-in-1. Awesome.
- 3bottle x1.47 lbs
- Muscle Pain Relief
- Authentic Original Namman Muay
- Thai Boxing Oil Liniment
The famous Thai boxing liniment oil is a must-have for everyone who trains Muay Thai. Rub them over your legs before training to warm them up, and after training to ease any pain or soreness. It is especially handy when you need to rub out those nasty shin bumps or bruises. The analgesic content is strong enough to soothe your soreness but not overly dosed that it causes skin irritations. You may need to get used to the smell if you are not acquainted with Asian liniment oils.
- WHAT IS KT TAPE? – Elastic sports tape used by pro and serious athletes to support muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments. It’s drug-free, latex-free, hypoallergenic, lightweight, breathable, comfortable, HSA/FSA approved, and easy to use.
- HOW DOES IT WORK? – It helps reduce tissue pressure and support muscles and joints. Studies show it helps you recover faster from pain. Used for knee pain, shoulder pain, shin splints, back pain, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, and much more.
- EASY TO USE – Easy to self-apply using our free application videos (see our site) for common injury areas. Our Taping Basics video teaches you how to help the tape stick properly, and our 60+ videos help you apply it for your area of pain.
- TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONALS – Relied on by professional and Olympic athletes, athletic trainers, and medical professionals to train longer and finish stronger. Used heavily by Team USA, NBA Trainers Association, US Soccer, USA Triathlon, and more.
- KT Tape products are Hypoallergenic, Latex-Free, Natural Rubber-Free! This means that our products have been designed and developed to contain fewer potential substances that can trigger allergic reactions
Ideal for the hyperactive kid in you who wants to train in spite of minor injuries. If you sport a recovering sprain or muscle strain, and can’t wait to head back to training, this item is a magical aid. There are several types of athletic tapes from rigid, elastic to kinesio-type. Generally, they are used to reduce discomfort and stabilize affected joints or muscles.
- .5-ounces of Neosporin Original Topical Antibiotic Ointment by the #1 doctor recommended brand for treating minor cuts, scrapes and burns
- Wound care ointment is formulated with neomycin sulfate, bacitracin zinc and polymyxin B antibiotic ingredients to provide 24-hour infection protection for minor wounds
- Topical first-aid ointment nourishes skin to minimize the appearance of scars after healing
- Contains HeliDerm Technology that provides a nourishing environment for skin to heal, resulting in healthier looking skin after use
- To use, apply a small amount of the first-aid antibiotic ointment to the affected area one to three times daily. Cover the wound with a Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandage for extra protection
I highly recommend this after a case of fungal infection after training. The velcros on my clinch partner’s gloves were scraping against my skin leaving superficial scrapes. I didn’t thought much about it until stubborn fungal infection developed.
Bacteria, fungi and viruses that cause skin infection are rampant in the gym. They thrive on moisture and so the sweaty environment of gyms is the ideal habitat. If you sustain scrapes or cuts during training, the open wounds are potentially susceptible to skin infections. This is why it is helpful to carry some antiseptic cream or liquid bandage. Wash the wounds with soap and water and apply a layer of antiseptic to keep the bacteria at bay.
- Men's deodorant with odor fighting formula that provides 24 hour freshness
- Ideal for daily use on all skin types
- Aluminum free deodorant for men leaves no marks on clothes
- Comfort guard applicator for comfort and control
- Feel clean, masculine, and confident
While I may not like artificial scents, I always appreciate the love shown by my BO gym mates who bother to apply or spray some deodorant before training. Take for example, my gym mate Bill. Bill has BO. Bill applies a generous coat of deodorant just prior to training. Bill is considerate. Be like Bill.
- ☑️ LARGE, SOFT 16” x 27” Professional Microfiber SPORT, GYM & WORKOUT Towel with Extra Durable Overlock Stitched Edge
- ☑️ OVER 300,000 FIBERS PER SQUARE INCH in a Premium 320gsm Weight and Super Absorbent, Fast Drying 80/20 Blend
- ☑️ PERFECT CHOICE FOR: Spas, Health Clubs and Yoga Studios Looking for a Quality, Value-Priced Towel
- ☑️ EXTREMELY DURABLE: Up to 500 Washes with Proper Care Getting Softer with Each Use
- ☑️ AMERICA'S PREMIER MICROFIBER Products Manufacturer / Distributor Since 1999. THE RAG COMPANY - Always The Better Value!
Keep a towel with you by the side to wipe your sweat during the very brief rest periods in between rounds but especially before clinching practice. Not everyone appreciate getting soaked by another during partner training or wrestling with a greasy slippery partner. A small absorbent towel will come in especially handy. Bring one along if they’re not provided at your gym.
- ZERO-ALCOHOL MOUTHWASH: Two pack of 1-liter bottles of Listerine Total Care Zero alcohol-free anticavity mouthwash in Fresh Mint flavor to improve oral health by helping to prevent cavities, strengthening teeth and leaving a refreshing, clean feeling
- 6-IN-1 BENEFITS: Fluoride-rich mouthwash offers six benefits in one to kill germs that cause bad breath, strengthen teeth, help prevent cavities, restore enamel, clean your mouth and freshen breath
- 50% STRONGER TEETH: Alcohol-free mouthwash freshens breath while helping to make teeth 50% stronger than brushing alone, according to laboratory studies
- PROTECTS DAY AND NIGHT: Protect your mouth by adding a 60-second rinse of this anticavity mouthwash to your morning and evening oral care routines
- REFRESHING Mint FLAVOR: Zero alcohol mouthwash helps prevent tooth decay while leaving a fresh mint flavor for a fresh clean feeling you can taste and comes in a twin pack
Does your breath smell like blue cheese and rotten eggs? Be kind to your gym mates. Use a mouthwash. Fresh smelling breath also happens to be a very attractive and desirable trait in both men and women. I learn that from watching many mouthwash TV commercials. Go for alcohol-free mouthwash as alcohol makes your mouth dry.
- QUALITY: Durable rip and tear resistant material with strong double stitching, holds up well in the washer and dryer. Secure drawstring slider to close neatly without tying.
- CONVENIENT: Large enough to fit laundry hampers or baskets. Just pull out the laundry bag instead of carrying the whole hamper.
- PORTABLE: Take it to the laundromat, throw it down the stairs to the laundry room or use it to easily separate your dirty clothes while traveling.
- VERSATILE: These laundry bags can also be used as storage bags for comforters, blankets and stuffed animals, or keep some in the car to transport your kids sports gear.
- ATTRACTIVE: Nice and pretty with a large selection of rich beautiful colors. Different colors for each of your kid’s rooms will make identification easy.
A laundry bag is an eco-friendly option that helps to minimize your moist smelly gym clothes from stinking up the rest of your gym bag items. It will also keep the clothes from soiling the interior of your gym bag and breeding odor-causing bacteria.
I don’t know the state of your gym’s cleanliness but I have seen some nasty-ass ones before. Going barefooted to the toilet or shower room in those gyms is simply unthinkable! Seriously, you don’t want to catch any kind of athlete’s foot or funky fungi. Flip flops are light and will keep your feet safe while you prance merrily around the gym. I personally go for Haviannas for the overall comfort, with good soft soles that give great support. Plus they are really durable and last for years.
Looking for a bigger gym bag to house your gear and the items on this list? Remember to check out “Best Gym Bag for Muay Thai” for my top recommendations. Happy training!